The autonomous status was conferred to the college by University grants Commission, New Delhi . As per the UGC norms the autonomous status was extended upto 2013-2014 after successive reviews. The autonomy demands that ,the autonomous colleges to be affiliated to the parent University, there by the college continues to be affiliated to Dr. Harisingh Gour University, Sagar . The college conducts the examination and the mark sheets bear the name of the Parent University with the signature of the Registrar, Dr. Harisingh Gour University, Sagar. The degrees are conferred by the University indicating the name of the college.
- Governing Body , Academic Council , Board of Studies & Finance Committee are constituted as per the norms of UGC guide lines . These Bodies take care of all Academic & Administrative activities of the college.
- Syllabii are based on the model curriculum proposed by UGC , approved by Respective BoS & Central Board Of Studies, Department Of Higher Education, M P.
- Project work is included at UG & PG level.
- There is a wide choice of Courses at UG & PG Level.
- Emphasis on Extra Curricular activities.
- 75 % Attendance is compulsory.
- Timely publication of results.
- Emphasis on Good discipline & Moral Values.
- Teacher Guardian scheme for improved student-teacher interaction.
- Continuous assessment prompts students to study and learn meticulously, rather than make eleventh hour preparation.
- Students are aware of examination dates well in advance.
- Seminars inculcate confidence in the students.
- Remedial classes for disadvantaged students.
- Computer Basics as an “Add on Course”; compulsory for all I & II Semester Students.
- 50% papers are external.
- Question papers incorporate objective, short answer & long answer questions.